Our Mission StatementClick here
Why choose128 Harley StreetDental Suite?Click here
Meet our Team
Dr. Stefan AbelaBChD, MFDS, RCS Eng, MSc, MORTH RCS Ed, AHEA, FDS Orth RCS Ed
Dr. Milisha ChotaiDDS, MSc, MSc (Distinction), PGCert
Our focus is you!
We take all steps to ensure that we understand your wishes, your expectations and your requirements for dentistry. No one patient will receive the same treatment plan as the treatment times and materials are catered to suit your individual needs.
We are dedicated to the latest, most advanced and evidence-based dentistry.
Dr Abela is a Consultant and specialist in Orthodontics and dedicates most of his time treating orthodontic patients only. In his spare time he keeps up to date with the latest updates in the field to provide high-end and high quality treatment to his patients.
Dr Chotai qualified from the world renowned Karolinska Institute in Sweden. She has since then achieved higher qualifications in complex and advanced dental techniques. She is extremely passionate about implant dentistry and providing patients with the nicest smile possible. Enrollment in multiple postgraduate courses and a strong belief in continuous professional development to keep up to date with the latest dental advances and techniques are principles she adheres to on a daily basis.
We strive for perfection!
We believe that dentistry is a predictable art and if sufficient time is spent on the initial planning, patients’ expectations can be easily met. We pride ourselves on making a thorough examination in order to be able to present treatment options to our patients and keep them fully informed on their oral health status and treatment needs.
We love dentistry!
Our numerous qualifications are testimonies of our passion for dentistry. We love learning in the field as we know that our patients will benefit from it.
Stefan is a Consultant in Orthodontics at one of the most prestigious London teaching hospitals; Guy’s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust.
Stefan is also a specialist in Orthodontics and is registered on the General Dental Council (GDC) specialist list.
Stefan has carried out research in multiple areas in orthodontics and is an active contributor to international research. He has been recently awarded a prestigious award by the Norwich Medico-chirurgical society for the best research, and has presented on numerous occasions at the European Orthodontic Society conferences.
He is currently heavily involved in the supervision and teaching of dental surgeons training to become specialists in addition to general dental and orthodontic nurses.
Stefan is also an active member of the British Orthodontic Society, the World Federation of Orthodontics, the American Association of Orthodontics, the European Orthodontics Society, and The Higher Education Academy.
- The Unusual Loss of Upper Lateral Incisor Teeth. Ortho Update 2009;2:87-89
- Disappearing Roots: A Case of Widespread Apical Root Resorption. Br Dent J 2009;206:525-527. http://www.nature.com/bdj/
- ‘Improving Speech Disorders using Electropalatography: Applications, Technical Aspects and Manufacture of the Appliance’ published in Ortho Update 2013;6:47-50
- ‘All you need to know about bisphosphonates: An overview and general recommendations to the orthodontist’ published in September 2011 in the Journal of Orthodontics http://jorthod.maneyjournals.
- ‘Multi-center study of the process, quality and efficiency of orthognathic therapy’ published in Journal of Orthodontics http://jorthod.maneyjournals.
- ‘Placement of separators in orthodontics’ published in the National Orthodontic Programme, British Orthodontic Society Virtual Learning Environment
- ‘Placement of molar bands, removal and applications’ published in the National Orthodontic Programme, British Orthodontic Society Virtual Learning Environment
- ‘Parenteral competence’ published in the British Dental Journal 2013 (PMID: 23257787)
- ‘Student Preferences Comparing Three Different Teaching Methods for an Orthodontic Teaching Module’, published in Open Journal of Education, 2013 http://www.sciknow.org/
- Orthodontic treatment in cherubism: an overview and a case report,’ published in the Australian Orthodontic Journal, 2014
- Abela S, Tewson, D, Prince S. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis – Implications on facial growth and contemporary managment, European Orthodontic Conference 2011
- Poole A, Jeremiah H, Rimes R, Abela S, Bister D. Quality of Alginate Impressions: A prospective audit, European Orthodontic Conference 2011
- Jeremiah H, Cousley R, Sheriff M, Abela S. The effeciency and occlusal outcomes of orthognathic treatment in a UK region, European Orthodontic Conference 2011
- Abela S, Hain M, Tewson D. How accurate is maxillary surgery? A retrospective study of Le Fort I Osteotomy in the eastern region of the United Kingdom, European Orthodontic Conference 2012
- Abela S, Markless S, Bister D. Learning Preferences of final year dentalstudents: Teaching routine orthodontic procedures using three different educational methods, European Orthodontic Conference 2012
Member of the British Orthodontic Society
Member and Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Associate of the Higher Education Academy
Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Member of the European Orthodontic Society
Member of the American Association of orthodontics
Member of the British Dental Association
Dr Milisha Chotai completed her undergraduate dental degree at the world – renowned Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden in 2008. She has since completed multiple accredited post graduate training courses within the field of dental implantology. She has Masters of Science degree in Dental Implantology at the university of Bristol, for which she was awarded with a pass with distinction.
Dr Milisha is experienced in the treatment planning, surgical placement and restoration as well as maintenance of dental implants. At 128 Harley Street Dental Suite, she only uses top of the range technology as well as Swiss manufactured materials. These materials have long track records and will ensure long term predictable treatment outcomes for her patients.
Dr Milisha is very passionate about all aspects of implant dentistry and loves working with patients to deliver treatment to the highest standards. She strongly believes in continuous professional development to keep up to date with the latest techniques and she attends various international conferences and postgraduate education courses every year. She was also shortlisted as finalist for the Young dentist of the year award 2017.
- Chotai M. Association between the Consumption of Chewing Tobacco and Periodontal Status inAdolescents in Rajkot, India. Dentistry India. 2009; 3(2);24-27
- Oral Mucosal disorders associated with habitual gutka usage: a review. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2010 Jun: 109(6): 857-64.
- Systemic conditions with areca nut usage: A literature review. Javed F, Correa FO, Chotai M, Tappuni AR, Almas K. Scand J Public Health. 2010 Aug 6.
- What you need to know about bisphosphonates: an overview and general recommendations for orthodontic treatment. Abela S, Chotai M, Bister D. J Orthod. 2012 Sep;39(3):186-92
IADR (International association for Dental Research)
EAO (European association of osseointegration)
Swedish Dental Association
We provide excellent dentistry with a long term view towards care and follow up. Our approach to dental treatment is based on established evidence and we aim for predictable treatment outcomes.
Our team has a true passion for dentistry and strive for constant self improvement and continuous
professional development. We are a happy business family working together as a team with the
patient’s well being as a primary goal.