Missing teeth can be replaced with dentures, implants and dental bridges.
Benefits of replacing missing teeth include:
- Restoring your smile
- Restore the ability to properly chew and speak
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Prevents overload on natural teeth.
- Distributes the forces in your bite properly
- Prevents remaining teeth from moving out of position
Dentures replace missing teeth and in most cases also missing gum. The aim is to restore the look and function of your teeth and face. The dentures are manufactured together with a highly skilled technician. Our dentures are natural looking with optimal stability and function. Dentures are removable and may also be used as a temporary means to fixed replacement teeth such as implants. Dentures can also be further stabilized with implants in order to improve your confidence and your ability to chew foods.
Dental bridges are supported by either natural teeth or by implants.
A bridge is made up of crowns for the teeth on either side of the gap. These crowns are called abutment teeth and will anchor a false tooth/teeth in between. Bridges can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain or a combination of these materials.
Dental implants is the treatment of choice for people missing one, a few, or all of their teeth. Dental implants are anchored into the jaw to simulate the root of a pre-existing tooth. They are fixed replacemenst and therefore do not move. Implants can last a life time if taken cared of in the right way.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Do not impact healthy teeth
- Look and perform like natural teeth
- No artificial adhesives or creams are required to adhere your dentures
- Can be used to increase denture stability
- Can be used to enhance orthodontic treatment